Friday 15 October 2010

Brenda Venus

I am on furlough and under sedation. This has cut recent activity to a minimum, I am just ticking over. Nevertheless I have pushed myself to a few minor achievements. I have invoiced the Cornerhouse for the second instalment of my fee for Pearlville. I have entered and been accepted for the Artsway open and I have progressed my arts council application a little further. Entering Artsway did cause me more than a little pang of guilt as I have in the past foresworn such open shows. This will be there, I hope I win.

On the arts council website I have been trying to divide my proposal into the appropriate sections. It is still a bit rough but I am making progress. In answer to how the public will engage with my work I have written the following:


I imagine the initial involvement figures will be as follows
Artists: c 5000-8000
Students/intern:s c100-200
Celebrities: 1


Obviously the main group engaging with the work will be artists (isn't this always the case?). Also their engagement will be rather absolute, if all goes to plan none will survive. However, I imagine subsequent news reports to reach a far larger audience which should include a broad cross section of the general public. I believe that such an artistic event will cause an unprecedented sensation that will raise the arts from its usual position in the 'funnies' section at the end of news reports. While it is expected that some of the images will be challenging I believe they are commensurate to the current funding crisis in the arts.



Last night's viewing involved the last few minutes of the Eiger Sanction and Airplane (the former being funnier by far). The following summary says it all:



"An classical art professor and collector, who doubles as a professional assassin, is coerced out of retirement to avenge the murder of an old friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment