Thursday 30 September 2010

Sty?

Back in the hotel room after a long day hanging around the Cornerhouse, I am trying to bring the swelling down on my right eye. Miss Dover is lying next to me writing her phd and worrying about the Jerwood drawing prize. Her drawing "St Anthony and the Christmas putti" had been selected but due to a mixture of unforeseen events we failed to make the private view. (image below)


Private views are like teenage parties (at least the one's I attended) if you do go, nothing happens, if you don't, you feel you missed something fabulous. Tomorrow "Unspooling" opens after an excruciating radio interview (my eye is not fit for tv), a mildly painful artists' buffet (I'm not clear about that yet) and, no doubt, some speeches.

Tomorrow I promise photos and wild tales.

Also many thanks are due to my lovely parents who took Miss Dover and I to lunch. Hopefully I have placed sufficient commas in their correct places.


No comments:

Post a Comment